Benefits Open Enrollment Expo on Oct. 24

To: Benefits-Eligible Employees
From: Human Resources
Subject: Benefits Open Enrollment Expo on Oct. 24
Date: Oct 11, 2024

Attend the Benefits Open Enrollment Expo for information to consider before this year's open enrollment, an annual opportunity for employees to make changes to their benefits options.

Date: Thursday, Oct. 24
Time: 9-10:30 a.m.
Where: Zoom videoconference
Register Now

During the Expo, representatives from the Arizona Department of Administration will provide updates and changes regarding the benefits they manage, including:

  • Medical plans
  • Dental and vision plans
  • Retirement

Representatives from U of A HR will provide updates and changes regarding the benefits HR manages, including:

  • Supplemental retirement
  • Supplemental life insurance
  • Flexible Spending Accounts
  • Short-term disability

Representatives from our different benefits vendors will also attend, and employees will have the capability to ask questions.

In preparation for the expo, review your current benefits (University Benefits tile in UAccess) and ask yourself:

  • What changes in family, medical needs and life milestones might affect my choices?
  • Is my medical plan right for my current situation?
  • Do I have the right health insurance carrier for my preferred providers?
  • Have I explored flexible spending accounts?
  • If I have a domestic partner, have I considered the university’s Alternative Health Plan options?
  • Do all of my relevant accounts have at least one beneficiary listed? If not, who would that individual, nonprofit organization or trust for a minor be?

Open enrollment will take place from Monday, Oct. 28, through Friday, Nov. 15.

Please note: No action is required during this year's open enrollment unless you want to change your benefits or contribute to a flexible spending account in 2025.

Resources for the Media