Wear Your Tennis Shoes in a Fight Against Cancer
The Arizona Cancer Center invites UA faculty and staff to make a positive difference in your personal life while making a major contribution in the fight against cancer.
Better Than Ever is a 3-month program that will train you to complete the newly named Lute & Bobbi Olson Half Marathon on Sunday, Dec. 9. If you're already an avid walker or runner, great, we'd love to have you join us. If you're thinking you could never walk or run 13.1 miles, you're wrong and this is the perfect program for you. The program is all about getting fit and healthy in a fun, supportive environment. The Arizona Cancer Center also welcomes participants who wish to be on a relay team (4 - 6 miles) or run the full marathon (26.2 miles).
In 2000, Better Than Ever's first year, 45 people raised a total of $24,500 for the Arizona Cancer Center's Women's Cancer Prevention Program. This year promises to be bigger, more successful and especially meaningful as we are dedicating the money raised to the Bobbi Olson Endowment Fund for ovarian cancer research.
E-mail Joyce Stavro or call 626-7177 for more information, or feel free to attend any of our upcoming informational meetings:
- Wednesday, July 25, at 6 p.m. The Running Shop, 3055 N. Campbell,
- Thursday, July 26, at 7 p.m. All About Running & Walking, 12112 N. Rancho Vistoso,
- Mon, Aug. 6, at 6 p.m. The Running Shop, 3055 N. Campbell,
- Tues, Aug. 7, at 11 a.m. FitCenter, 5555 E. Fifth St., and,
- Tues, Aug. 28, at 6 p.m. The Running Shop, 3055 N. Campbell.
University of Arizona in the News