Special Parking, Campus Rules Take Place on UA-Oregon Game Day
University of Arizona students, faculty and staff are reminded of scheduling adjustments that will go into effect to accommodate tomorrowâs game day traffic as the UA prepares to play the University of Oregon in this unusual Thursday night game.
Classes will continue as scheduled and no portion of the University will be closed for operations due to game day activities. However, the weeknight game will require employee scheduling adjustments where possible, as well as parking and transportation adjustments for students, faculty and staff to accommodate game day traffic.
Adjusting work schedules on Nov. 15
Where possible, employees are encouraged to adjust their work schedules to complete their work and leave campus by 3 p.m. All employees should work with their supervisors to determine whether and how to end their workday at 3 p.m., and make adjustments within University policy.
Permit holders for the Cherry Avenue Garage, as well as nearly all surface lots between Highland and Campbell avenues and Speedway Boulevard to Seventh Street must be vacated by 3 p.m. in order to meet prior obligations to football fans and tailgaters with game day reservations in those lots.
Faculty, staff and student accommodations
University faculty, staff and students with a permit in those areas unavailable after 3 p.m., who require parking for work or class-related reasons after 3 p.m. are encouraged to remain on campus as long as their duties demand. Those who require parking will be accommodated on a space available basis in nonreserved parking areas on campus. Call 626-PARK for more information.
Resident student accommodations
Students living in stadium and Highland-area residence halls with parking permits in those areas unavailable after 3 p.m. may relocate to the Sixth Street Garage anytime on game day, prior to 3 p.m. Those cars relocated to the Sixth Street Garage must then be moved out of the garage prior to 8 a.m. the following morning, Nov. 16.
Game day schedule
- Noon â University Mall closed to incoming westbound traffic at Campbell Avenue; Sun Tran Mall bus stop relocates to Campbell Avenue.
- 2 p.m. â Tailgating starts; consumption of alcohol may not begin until after 3 p.m. in the UA Mall tailgating section.
- 3 p.m. â Parking restrictions take effect; employees are encouraged to end their workdays.
- 4 p.m. â UAPD begins regulating traffic patterns near Arizona stadium.
- 4 p.m. â Sixth Street will be controlled to facilitate traffic flow.
- 5 p.m. â Festivities may begin using amplified sound.
- 5:30 p.m. â Cherry Avenue closed at East Second Street and Enke, west of National Championship Drive.
- 5:30 p.m. â East Fourth Street closed at Highland.
- 7 p.m. â Kickoff.
For complete details, visit http://uanews.org/node/16890.
Who to call for questions
â Athletics Event Management Office, 520-621-4694
â Parking and Transportation, 520-626-PARK (7275) (press 0)
â Human Resources: Supervisors should direct inquiries to 520- 621-7701
â Sun Tran, 520-792-9222
â UAPD, 520-621-UAPD (8273)
University of Arizona in the News