Kathy Ireland Among Retail Leaders to Speak at UA Conference
The 23rd annual Global Retailing Conference will take place April 4-5.
The Terry J. Lundgren Center for Retailing at the University of Arizona has announced its speaker lineup for the 23rd annual Global Retailing Conference.
Among the presenters will be actress and model Kathy Ireland, CEO and chief designer of Kathy Ireland Worldwide. Other speakers include recent CEOs of Walmart, Lowe's, Macy's, McCann Group Worldwide, Mattel, PetSmart and Gibson Brands, as well as senior executives from IBM, Nike and other retailing innovators.
The conference will take place April 4-5 at the JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort in Tucson.
The Terry J. Lundgren Center for Retailing, in the UA Norton School of Family and Consumer Sciences in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, is one of the retail industry's largest and most advanced academic programs. Every year it brings together students, faculty and industry executives in a forum to present and discuss breakthrough insights. This year's Global Retailing Conference will focus on customer centricity as the retail industry's "moonshot" and unwavering target for success.
In addition to Ireland, this year's conference speakers include:
- Terry J. Lundgren, retired chairman and CEO, Macy's, Inc.
- Kathy Ireland, chair, CEO and chief designer, Kathy Ireland Worldwide
- Doug McMillon, president and CEO, Walmart
- Marvin R. Ellison, president and CEO, Lowe's
- J.K. Symancyk, president and CEO, PetSmart
- J.C. Curleigh, president and CEO, Gibson Brands
- Matthew R. Shay, president and CEO, National Retail Federation
- Harris Diamond, chairman and CEO, McCann Group Worldwide
- Suzanne Powers, chief global strategy officer, McCann Group Worldwide
- Robert A. Eckert, retired CEO, Mattel
- Lindsey Lurie, chief marketing officer, data and AI, IBM
- Anne Spangenberg, VP, global merchandising, Nike
- Jill Standish, senior managing director, global retail consulting practice, Accenture
- Sarah Quinlan, executive director, QAM Limited
- Billie Whitehouse, CEO, Wearable X
- Lauren Adams, principal, strategy director, Gensler
- Amelia Falco, design director, senior associate, Gensler
"Our Global Retailing Conference has evolved over more than two decades to become a 'must-attend' event for those who want to understand trends as they develop," said event host Lundgren, the UA alumnus for whom the retail center is named. "This year, in particular, attendees will hear directly from those CEOs, strategists and innovators who are blazing the path forward in serving the needs of consumers as they shift dramatically.
"With the pace of change accelerating, successful retailers are those who are creating and implementing new ways of serving consumer needs, presenting brands, developing talent, and delivering convenience and value in ways that are revolutionizing business practices," Lundgren said. "This conference helps bring thought leaders from numerous aspects of the retail, wholesale, fashion, marketing and technology worlds into focus in an environment where our high-performing retail students are invited to ask questions and join the conversation."
Registrations for a limited number of attendees are currently being accepted.
The Global Retailing Conference is presented through the support of sponsors that include Macy's, SAP, MasterCard, Connection, Dell Computers, Kenneth Mink Fine Rug Gallery, Samsung Electronics America, Supima, VMWare Airwatch, Gordon Brothers, Leonisa, PetSmart, Speakap, Veras Retail and Helping Hands for Freedom.
TopicsBusiness and Law
University of Arizona in the News