Oct. 16, 2020
UArizona to Receive Contribution from Tohono O'odham Nation for COVID-19 Research
- What: Announcement of a major contribution from the Tohono O'odham Nation to support COVID-19 research at the University of Arizona and Arizona State University
- Monday, Oct. 19, 4 p.m.
- Where: Room E113 of the Biomedical Sciences Partnership Building at the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix, 475 N. 5th St., Phoenix, Arizona
- RSVP: Space for media is limited. Please RSVP to Beth Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org to request credentials.
- Validated visitor parking is available in the Phoenix Biomedical Campus garage at 555 E. Fillmore St. The Biomedical Sciences Partnership Building is located southeast of the garage. Click here for a printable map.
- Livestream: The event also will be broadcast live via Zoom.
TUCSON, Ariz. – The Tohono O'odham Nation will announce a major contribution to support COVID-19 research efforts at the University of Arizona and Arizona State University.
Speakers will include UArizona President Robert C. Robbins, ASU President Michael Crow, Tohono O'odham Nation Chairman Ned Norris Jr. and Tohono O'odham Nation Chairman of the Council Timothy Joaquin. Regent Karrin Taylor Robson will emcee the event.
Media are invited to the event but will need to request credentials by emailing email@example.com. Only authorized media will be permitted to attend. Face coverings are required, and social distancing measures will be in effect.
College of Medicine – Phoenix