May 23, 2022
Media Advisory: Tech Launch Arizona hosts open house at The Refinery
- What: Tech Launch Arizona will host an open house in celebration of its move to The Refinery, the University of Arizona's new commercialization hub at the UA Tech Park at The Bridges.
- When: Wednesday, May 25, 5-7:30 p.m.
- Where: The Refinery, 1600 E. Idea Lane, Suite 110.
- RSVP: RSVP to Jason Ground, email@example.com, if you plan to attend.
TUCSON, Ariz. — In celebration of its move to The Refinery – located at the University of Arizona's new commercialization hub, the UA Tech Park at The Bridges – Tech Launch Arizona will host an open house.
Along with celebrating the move of the university's technology commercialization office to its new home, the event will offer an opportunity to spotlight a report outlining Tech Launch Arizona's economic impact, released earlier this month. The top findings of the report indicate that between July 1, 2016, and June 30, 2021, TLA commercialization activities generated $1.61 billion in economic output, $561 million in labor income and $59 million in tax revenues. The report indicates that these measures will continue to grow substantially in the next 10 years.
Dignitaries who will offer brief comments will include:
- Tucson Mayor Regina Romero
- Doug Hockstad, assistant vice president for Tech Launch Arizona
- Elizabeth "Betsy" Cantwell, senior vice president for research and innovation at the University of Arizona
- Carol Stewart, associate vice president for Tech Parks Arizona
- Matt Jensen, partner at The Boyer Co.
Doors open at 5 p.m. and the program will begin at 5:30 p.m. The program will conclude with a ribbon cutting for TLA's new offices. UArizona mascots Wilbur and Wilma will be in attendance to help celebrate.
# # #
Tech Launch Arizona
The University of Arizona, a land-grant university with two independently accredited medical schools, is one of the nation's top 50 public universities, according to U.S. News & World Report. Established in 1885, the university is widely recognized as a student-centric university and has been designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution by the U.S. Department of Education. The university ranked in the top 20 in 2020 in research expenditures among all public universities, according to the National Science Foundation, and is a leading Research 1 institution with $761 million in annual research expenditures. The university advances the frontiers of interdisciplinary scholarship and entrepreneurial partnerships as a member of the Association of American Universities, the 66 leading public and private research universities in the U.S. It benefits the state with an estimated economic impact of $4.1 billion annually. For the latest on the University of Arizona response to the novel coronavirus, visit the university's COVID-19 webpage.
The University of Arizona Land Acknowledgement
Tech Launch Arizona