Arizona Drug Discovery and Development Summit
University of Arizona Health Sciences researchers and industry leaders will convene in Phoenix for the Fifth Annual Arizona Drug Discovery and Development Summit to share potential treatments for cancer, diabetes and other diseases.
The University of Arizona Cancer Center and the Arizona Center for Drug Discovery at the R. Ken Coit College of Pharmacy are co-hosting the annual summit, which aims to bring together scientists from both academia and industry to exchange innovative ideas and foster new collaborations.
This year's featured speaker is Dr. Nader Sanai, chief of neurosurgical oncology and director of the Ivy Brain Tumor Center at the Barrow Neurological Institute. Dr. Sanai is renowned in the field and globally recognized for his clinical and research prowess in the treatment of various types of brain tumors. Dr. Sanai is joined by researchers and clinicians representing diverse research areas, all united by their shared interest in drug discovery.
Speakers at this year's summit include:
- Rui Chang, associate professor, Department of Neurology, College of Medicine – Tucson; member, University of Arizona Cancer Center, Clinical and Translational Oncology Program
- Alessandra Fistrovich, graduate student, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, College of Science and College of Medicine – Tucson
- James K. Liao, chair and professor, Department of Medicine, College of Medicine – Tucson
- Christopher Penton, researcher, Arizona Center for Drug Discovery, R. Ken Coit College of Pharmacy
- Joyce Schroeder, head and professor, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, College of Science; member, University of Arizona Cancer Center, Cancer Biology Program; member, BIO5 Institute
- Yana Zavros, associate head and professor, Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, College of Medicine – Tucson; member, University of Arizona Cancer Center; director, Tissue Acquisition Cellular and Molecular Analysis Shared Resource, University of Arizona Cancer Center
Registration is required and closes on Tuesday, Sept. 19. Free parking vouchers will be available during check-in for guests parking at the Phoenix Bioscience Core parking garage.