Arizona FORGE Sponsored Challenges
Flex Your Problem-Solving Muscles
Are you a great problem-solver? Do you want to build more skills in problem-solving with real problems? Arizona FORGE has teamed up with the Craig M. Berge Engineering Design Program and Mister Car Wash to bring you two fun challenge competitions this fall. Sponsored Challenges are designed as cross-campus collaborations where students from all disciplines come together and use their combined knowledge to come up with innovative solutions to pressing and urgent problems and have fun in the process! Student teams present their solutions to a judging panel and compete for prizes. Winning teams will receive $1,000 in prize money divided equally amongst team members. Learn more and register by October 11.
- Oct. 11: Registration Deadline
- Oct. 12, 6-7:30 p.m.: Challenge Kickoff (Weaver Science-Engineering Library)
- October 15: Finalize teams and pledge a specific problem to develop a solution.
- Oct. 15-29: Teams research problem in more depth with assistance from subject matter experts identified by sponsors.
- Oct. 29: Submit first draft of solution
- Oct. 29-Nov. 24: Continue to research, ideate, and refine solution.
- Nov. 24: Submit second draft of solution.
- Nov. 24-Dec. 3: Pitch preparation with team.
- Dec. 4: Showcase event where each team pitches their solution to a team of judges and competes for prizes.