Washington, D.C. Center Opening – NICD's 10th Anniversary: Challenges and Opportunities for Civil Discourse
Please join the National Institute for Civil Discourse (NICD) in Washington, DC or online for a timely and engaging event examining the challenges and opportunities of polarization and civil discourse on the 10th anniversary of the University of Arizona establishing NICD.
Hosted by NICD Co-Chairs, The Honorable Tom Daschle and The Honorable Christie Todd Whitman, we will examine the challenges posed by polarization for each of the three branches of the federal government and what can be done about them. In September 2011, Chief Justice Roberts hosted NICD and fifty prominent leaders and thinkers at the Supreme Court for its first major event to discuss what NICD could do about rising partisan acrimony and incivility. Ten years later, we gather to celebrate our success and discuss challenges and opportunities ahead.
This event will be conducted in hybrid mode, please choose in-person or virtual option in the registration form.
- Melody Barnes, Former Director of White House Domestic Policy Council, President Barack Obama (Invited)
- John Bridgeland, Former Director of White House Domestic Policy Council, President George W. Bush
- Steve Ricchetti, Senior Counselor to President Joseph R. Biden
- The Honorable Tom Daschle, Former Senator Majority Leader
- The Honorable Mickey Edwards, Former Member of the U.S. House of Representatives (Invited)
- The Honorable Thomas B. Griffith, The United States Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit (Retired)
- The Honorable Patricia Millett, The United States Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit