Soledad Film Screening and Immigrant Rights Panel
Join Learning, Understanding and Cultivating Health Advocacy (LUCHA) for a film screening and expert panel. There will be a virtual and limited-capacity in-"person option.
"Soledad" presents the experiences of one asylum seeker, from her happy childhood, to experiences of sexual violence and human trafficking, to internment in a for-profit detention center in the United States, and ultimately to freedom.
The film will be followed by a panel including:
- Shefali Milczarek-Desai, Assistant Clinical Professor of Law and Director, Workers' Rights Clinic
- Lisa Molomot, Director of Soledad
- Diego Pina Lopez, Program Manager at Casa Alitas Migrant Shelter
- Margo Cowan, Pima County Justice for All
- Raquel Rubio-Goldsmith, Pima County Justice for All.