Performance – Arizona Repertory Theatre Presents 'The Last Night of Ballyhoo'
The year is 1939. While Hitler prepares to invade Poland, Atlanta's close-knit Jewish community prepares for the premiere of "Gone With the Wind" and Ballyhoo, the social event of the year. The Freitag family hopes that the party will be a chance for their daughters to meet their future husbands – but when their uncle brings home his new employee, a handsome Eastern European bachelor from Brooklyn, everyone must confront their own prejudices, desires and beliefs. By turns heartbreaking and uplifting, "The Last Night of Ballyhoo" won the 1997 Tony Award for Best Play.
- Pre-show discussion: Nov. 17 at 12:45 p.m.
- Post-show discussion: Nov. 22
- Previews: Nov. 9 at 7:30 p.m., Nov. 10 at 1:30 p.m.
- Evenings: Nov. 13-16, Nov. 21-23 at 7:30 p.m.
- Matinees: Nov. 16-17, Nov. 23-24 at 1:30 p.m.
Production Sponsors: Lindsey Burlingame and Derek Tengler