Pharmacy Alumnus of the Year: Kevin Boesen
Leading up to the UA's 100th Homecoming, we are highlighting UA alumni who are being honored by their colleges with alumni of the year awards.
Photo courtesy of the College of Pharmacy
Kevin Boesen, a leader in the field of pharmacy and medication therapy management, is the College of Pharmacy's Alumnus of the Year.
While serving as a UA faculty member in the college, Boesen founded the Medication Management Center in 2006. With investor support, the center's business model and software were licensed in 2013 to Tucson-based SinfoniaRx. SinfoniaRx, a subsidiary of Sinfonia HealthCare Corp., develops and manages medication therapy management services.
Boesen, founder and CEO of SinfoniaRx, has served as the president of the Arizona Pharmacy Association. For his contributions, he has received numerous awards, including the 2013 American Pharmacists Association Foundation Pinnacle Award, the 2009 and 2006 Arizona Pharmacy Association Innovative Practice Awards and the 2011 National Community Pharmacists Association's Pharmacy Leadership Award. Also, he was named in 2009 among Tucson's 40 Under 40, an award honoring young leaders.
Boesen earned his PharmD from the UA College of Pharmacy.
Other UA alumni being honored are:
- Architecture Alumnus of the Year: James Edward Richärd
- Agriculture Alumnus of the Year: P. Andrew 'Andy' Groseta
- Education Alumna of the Year: Colleen Niccum
- Eller Alumna of the Year: Sarah Brown Smallhouse
- Engineering Alumnus of the Year: David Hutchens
- Fine Arts Alumnus of the Year: Jeffrey Haskell
- Honors College Alumnus of the Year: Nick T. Spark
- Humanities Alumnus of the Year: Eric Scott Baker
- Medicine Alumna of the Year: Adele Marie O'Sullivan
- Nursing Alumnus of the Year: Rudy Valenzuela
- Optical Sciences Alumnus of the Year: Jacobus "Jim" Oschmann
- SBS Alumna of the Year: Melody S. Robidoux
- Science Alumnus of the Year: Kenneth Krane
University of Arizona in the News